Miracle #39 - A Shift In Perception

Photo Credit: Mathilda Khoo

 

Many years ago, when I worked for the U.S. government, a young colleague of mine was killed in a car accident. My supervisor arranged for a grief counselor to come in to the office and meet with all of the employees who had known him. 

This grief counselor was the ugliest woman I had ever seen!  

I could not get over how unattractive she was, but as she began to speak, something strange started to happen...

Her voice was so calm and sweet, and her compassionate nature was so powerful, that it seemed to sweep through the room. I could literally feel her loving and kind energy.

I was transported by her voice to the point that I lost all consciousness of her appearance. 

She probably spoke for half an hour and during that time my opinion of her changed entirely. 

It truly seemed like a miracle, because, by the time she left, I thought she was one of the most attractive women I had ever met.

It was definitely a shift in perception! 

I did not realize it at the time, but this is what A Course in Miracles calls seeing with "Christ vision" versus seeing with the eyes of the ego. 

ACIM says that

beauty will rise to bless your sight as you look upon the world with forgiving eyes.

Her vibration was so full of love that I was able to drop my judgment of her and see her for who she really was.

And with the mind training of the Course, that is how we can come to see everyone.

Thank You, Holy Spirit

The strength in you will offer you the light, and guide your seeing so you do not dwell on idle shadows that the body's eyes provide for self-deception. - Workbook Lesson 92

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miracle #3 - The End of Suffering

Miracle #35 - Giving Up Attack Thoughts

Miracle #36 - Trust Would Settle Every Problem Now