Miracle #35 - Giving Up Attack Thoughts

 

Photo Credit: Nguyen Dang Hoang Nhu

Once upon a time I had technical issues. 

My printer and my computer would refuse to communicate, for no apparent reason.

I would press "Print" on my computer keyboard and get results sometimes.... and sometimes not. 

I would unplug my printer and plug it back in again. Power it down and power it back up. Turn my computer off and back on again. 

Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't.

I would spend hours, sometimes an entire day, searching for solutions online. I would find something that worked one day, and then next week it didn't. 

I would become extremely frustrated and angry and feel really hateful towards my printer. 

But that all changed when I changed my mind. 

I realized that I had been very judgmental towards my printer.

Holding it in contempt. 

Blaming it for not performing in the way that I expected. 

We all know that the definition of insanity is to keep on doing the same things and expecting different results. 

So, I tried a different strategy.

Because what I had been doing had obviously not been working.

I gave my printer a little Ho'oponopono:

I sent blessings to my computer and expressed my gratitude for all the projects that it helped me to complete in the past. I blew it kisses and gave it a hug. I sent it positive vibes. 

I asked the Holy Spirit to help me to release my judgment.

And my computer started to print again and hasn't stopped since! 

Thank You, Holy Spirit

If the cause of the world you see is attack thoughts, you must learn that it is these thoughts which you do not want. There is no point in lamenting the world. There is no point in trying to change the world. It is incapable of change because it is merely an effect. But there is indeed a point in changing your thoughts about the world. Here you are changing the cause. The effect will change automatically. - ACIM Workbook, Lesson 23

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miracle #3 - The End of Suffering

Miracle #23 - God Is The Strength In Which I Trust