Miracle #4 - Seek Ye First The Kingdom Of Heaven

Photo Credit: Nathan Dumlao

In Chapter 30 of A Course in Miracles we are given 7 Rules for Decision. These rules basically say that we should decide to have a happy, conflict-free day and then stop and remind ourselves of this goal whenever that is not happening.
Here are the rules spelled out:
1.  Today I will make no decisions by myself.

2.  If I make no decisions by myself, this is the day that will be given me.
3.  I have no question. I forgot what to decide. 4.  At least I can decide I do not like what I feel now.
5.  And so I hope I have been wrong.
6.  I want another way to look at this.
7.  Perhaps there is another way to look at this. What can I lose by asking?
Yesterday I sold a bag of coffee in my eBay store.
I could not find it anywhere.

It was a small purchase, only a few dollars profit for me after shipping and fees. I looked high and low and began to feel frustrated that my morning was lost on this endeavor.

I wanted to spend my morning at the Blue Ridge Hospice Thrift store buying books! On the last Thursday of the month, they sell a box of books for $10.00. Yesterday was the last Thursday of January, and I felt I was missing out while everyone else got all the good stuff.

I decided to just sit and meditate and try to connect with Holy Spirit. I don't hear his voice the way some people do - in fact it is difficult for me to sit for very long quietly without getting distracted.

I probably sat for about 5 minutes. 

I went back to my inventory room to look again. I stood on a chair to look down and sat on the floor to look up and try to gain a different perspective, but I couldn't spot it.

Then, I started going through everything all over again.

The first drawer I opened had the coffee in it!!

I guess I thought I had already looked there, or else never bothered to pull it out because it seemed too small to hold the coffee.

So, I got my sale ready to mail and went to the thrift store, where I found tons of wonderful books that no one else had purchased, and I came home thrilled with 3 boxes full!

I thought I knew where the coffee was and where I wanted to be that morning, but clearly God had a different plan for me, so that I could learn to listen.

Thank you, Holy Spirit


I do not perceive my own best interests. - Workbook Lesson 24

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miracle #3 - The End of Suffering

Miracle #26 - I Am Sustained By The Love Of God