Miracle #3 - The End of Suffering

Photo credit: Jakob Owens
I started a free program to learn how to apply the lessons of A Course in Miracles to my everyday life on January 1st, 2015. It runs for 40 days and is offered by the Teachers of God Foundation.

Every day there is a video to watch and some reading to do. Each day I have seen very obvious results in my life. 

Here is what happened today, January 22, 2015:

The lesson was about being uncompromising in devoting time to God each day, in order to move from a state of Right Mindedness to a state of One Mindedness.

Lisa Natoli said that many spiritual seekers are already in a state of Right Mindedness - choosing to love, forgive, and treat others with kindness.

But ACIM says that once the decision to stay in Right Mindedness has been accomplished, God will reach out and join with us in One Mindedness.

At that point "your whole thought system will be completely replaced and transferred back to Wholeness".

Then, the ideas of weakness, sickness, death, guilt, fear, and loneliness will no longer have any meaning. 

Soon after I completed my lesson, two Jehovah's Witnesses stopped at my front door to drop off literature.

This has never happened since I moved to this neighborhood. One of the ladies read to me from her pamphlet:

How do you view the future?

Will our world.....

  • stay the same?

  • get worse?

  • get better?

What the Bible says:

"God....will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away." - Revelation 21:3-4

This synchronicity seemed to be a confirmation of my morning's lesson - as if God had sent a personal messenger right to my door to make sure that I "got it"! 

Thank you, Holy Spirit.

Today we see only the loving and the lovable. We see it in appearances of pain, and pain gives way to peace. We see it in the frantic, in the sad and the distressed, the lonely and afraid, who are restored to the tranquility and peace of mind in which they were created. And we see it in the dying and the dead as well, restoring them to life. — Workbook, Lesson 124


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miracle #36 - Trust Would Settle Every Problem Now