Miracle #1 - Time and Space are Part of the Illusion

Photo credit: Nathan Dumlao
This morning I got an email from Lisa Natoli about an interview with David Hoffmeister, a teacher of A Course in Miracles, that would be broadcast on Unity FM radio at 3:00 p.m.
It was entitled GET OUT OF THE WAY - ALL THE WAY.
I was excited to listen to it, so I scheduled my day around the time slot.
At 3:00 pm I followed the link and sat down in front of my computer but.....no radio broadcast. 
What?

I refreshed the screen.

Nothing.
I tried getting to Unity FM from Google instead of via my email link.
Nada.

Clicked around and refreshed again.
No luck.
I decided to just pull up a Youtube talk by David Hoffmeister and listen to that instead, while I ate a very late lunch.
Then I got a text from my daughter, asking me to bring her workout clothes to school, because she forgot them this morning. I looked at my watch.
It was 3:20.
I had just enough time to get her stuff to school before classes let out for the day.
In the past, I would have just dropped everything, run over to the high school, and then felt resentful that I didn't get to do what I wanted to do or eat.

This time, I debated with myself. Should I run over and repeat my bad pattern?

Or should I not go and give my daughter a lesson in responsibility?

I decided that I would finish my program anyway and asked the Holy Spirit to arrange time for me.

When the program finished I looked at my watch and saw that it was 3:40. School ended at 3:43 and it took 15 minutes to get there with no traffic.

I calmly got into my car and drove over - as opposed to the olden days where I sped everywhere in a panic.

I don't know what time I arrived, but I drove into chaos magnified.

Buses were coming, buses were going, students and staff were all trying to exit the parking lot at once.

I tried to call my daughter but her cell phone was turned off and my call went straight to voice mail.

I tried to call my daughter's friend but that also went straight to voice mail.

I pulled into the parking lot wondering how I could possibly find my daughter and get the clothes to her before she needed them.

And then - both of my daughters came walking right towards me in the parking lot! 

Somehow, out of over 1000 students and staff, the 3 of us just happened to converge at the same place and at the same time.


Thank you, Holy Spirit.

Miracle Principle #1

There is no order of difficulty in miracles. One is not "harder" or "bigger" than another.  They are all the same. All expressions of love are maximal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miracle #3 - The End of Suffering

Miracle #35 - Giving Up Attack Thoughts