Miracle #10 - There Are No Accidents In Salvation



Photo credit: Ant Rozetsky


It was Halloween and I was trying to decide what to do.
 

My son was away at college, my husband had gone deer hunting for the weekend, and my oldest daughter had plans to go to a party with her boyfriend. My youngest daughter was marching in a Halloween parade with her high school band and color guard in another town.

I was invited to a Halloween party, but it was far away and I didn't want to go alone.

I just wasn't feeling the Halloween spirit - I had no costume, no decorations, and no candy to pass out to trick-or-treaters.

I really just wanted to stay in and read about A Course in Miracles, but my daughter asked me to come watch her in the parade, which she said started at 7:00.

I left home at 6:00 thinking that I had plenty of time to get to the venue, park, and get a good spot on the sidewalk to see her.

However, when I arrived in town, I could find no place to park.

I circled the block several times until I finally found a spot, and I could hear the music of a high school band as I exited my car.

Reminding myself that everything always works out the way it is supposed to - and therefore there is never a reason to be anxious - I nevertheless hurried to try and get to the parade route before the band passed by.

I was disappointed when I got there late.

I pushed my way through the crowd for several blocks trying to catch up to the band before I realized it was hopeless.

I noticed a woman standing by herself on a corner and walked over to ask if she knew the parade route, thinking perhaps I could intercept the band farther along the route somehow.

The woman recognized me - she turned out to be a friend from my Unity church that I had not seen in over 2 years.

I asked if her children were in the parade, and she informed me that she and her husband had split up, and that the kids were spending the weekend with him.

She had not wanted to spend the evening home alone and moping, so had come out to see the parade by herself.

She asked if I still attended the Unity church, and I told her that it had disbanded in June, and that since then I had been putting my energies into my ACIM studies.

I told her about the 40-Day program that I had done with The Teachers of God Foundation.

A student of ACIM herself, she wanted more information about it, and gave me her phone number, asking me to text her a link to the program.

I suddenly realized that I had not been late to the parade at all.

I had been right on time to run into my old friend and to share this information with her!

After we spoke for a few minutes, I heard the sound of another marching band. It turned out that the band that had passed by earlier was from another school.

This one was from my daughter's school and I was in plenty of time to see her perform!

Because I refused to fall for the "trick" of the ego - to feel stressed or anxious about things not going the way I had planned - I was rewarded with the "treat" of the Holy Spirit.

I was able to connect with my friend to give her info that she needed AND see my daughter's performance. 

The whole evening seemed a little "spooky" to me. 

My friend did not even live in the town where I bumped into her, and the fact that I walked right up to her out the hundreds of people in the crowd and darkness, not even realizing that it was her until she recognized me, was surreal. 

 Thank You, Holy Spirit 

Remember that no one is where he is by accident, and chance plays no part in God's plan. - Manual for Teachers, Section 9.1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miracle #3 - The End of Suffering

Miracle #23 - God Is The Strength In Which I Trust